What is a Floor Inspector? How Can They Help Me?
Andrew Linford Carolina Floor Inspections & Consulting
Professional, Prompt, Truthful, & Unbiased Inspections
(My integrity is NOT for sale)
My role in an inspection is to:
- Gather facts, history of the complaint, take pictures, measurements, moisture readings, & perform field tests
- Get samples for lab testing if possible
- Look for the specific causes of problems
- NOT discuss inspection findings with any one other than commissioning party or give opinions on site
- I ask questions to gather information; these are not to trick any party.
I take the findings & evidence to my office & use industry standards, guidelines, & technical information to:
Prepare a comprehensive report providing:
- Description of complaint/problem
- Job site description/Product description
- Claim/Maintenance History
- Detailed description of problem
- Field and/or lab test results (will require additional time & expense to have these performed)
- Research applicable industry and/or manufacturer installation/maintenance standards
- Find a conclusion based on collected data and field tests
- Identification of responsible party
After the Inspection
- I submit my findings, photos, & samples within 72 hours to the commissioning party ONLY!
- Please don’t call me to ask questions, I am NOT at liberty to discuss the inspection with any other party.
- Please do not call me to inform me of your disapproval or disagreement (I WILL terminate the call).
- Please do not call to inform me that you have not received a copy of the report.
- As an Inspector, I do not deny claims; I report information, gather evidence, field testing, & write a report.
- I do not get involved in the politics of things once the inspection is complete & report is submitted.
- Once I submit the floor inspection report, my work is completed as paid for initially; any further communication by any means will require additional payment in advance.
- If you disagree with the report or findings, you may hire an inspector to perform an inspection at your expense.
- Take things up with retailer or manufacturer after a second inspection is performed if the findings vary.
- Arbitration, mediation, deposition, or litigation will require a signed employment agreement & prepaid retainer.
What Will Not Be Tolerated
- I am NOT a “hired gun.” My services WILL NOT & CAN NOT be bought to write a report that is not truthful or could not be defended in litigation if needed; PLEASE do not ask.
- Payment of cash does not reduce inspection fees, I will fill out an invoice & mark it paid in cash.
- I will NOT violate ethics in the profession including committing fraud, lying, or tax evasion; PLEASE do not ask.
- If a manufacturer hires me to perform an inspection, MY findings will be truthful & factual, EVEN if it means reporting there are issues with their product.
- My goal is to remain professional & courteous throughout this process. I do not act or speak unprofessionally, nor will I tolerate this from another party including use of profanity or threats.
- If the inspection gets to a hostile point, I reserve the right to ask the homeowner to ask a party to leave the site in order to perform the inspection; failure to do so may end the inspection after one warning.
- If a consumer gets hostile, uses profanity, or makes threats; without warning, I will terminate the inspection.
- Please be truthful; answer questions if you can; if you can’t recall, then state such & I will report this as stated.
- Giving false information is fraudulent & illegal & could lead to issues down the road in the process. We do not ask questions to trick you. We are gathering facts so be truthful.
- I CAN NOT discuss an inspection with retailers, consumers, installers, or other parties without express written permission of a manufacturer or commissioning party to avoid conflict of interest or ethical concerns.
- If you have disagreements with the findings, CONTACT the commissioning party to discuss these.
- I WILL NOT answer concerns or discuss ANYTHING once I submit my report.
- Due to professional client confidentiality privileges, I will release a copy of the report to the commissioning party ONLY to maintain client confidentiality privileges.
- If express written permission is granted, then upon a signed agreement & payment in advance of fees, I may be hired to offer consulting/correction services.
- I will not come back to a jobsite to help or perform repairs (outside of manufacturer request) unless my employment agreement is signed & payment made in advance prior to work beginning.
|• Flooring & Solid Surface Counter top Inspections• Hardwood, Carpet, Woven, Resilient, Laminate, Cork, Ceramic Tile, Rubber, or Specialty Flooring
• Pre-Installation or Purchase Consultations
• Failure Analysis
• Concrete Moisture Testing
• Commercial Residential Hospitality Churches Medical
• Servicing South Carolina, North Carolina, Eastern Tennessee, Virginia, & Southern West Virginia
• Training seminars provided for retail sales people or cleaning maintenance staff on request
Are your wood floors: cupping, gapping, buckling, discoloring, finish splitting, loose or hollow spots, or other defect or concerns with the wood?
Is your laminate floor: cupping, warping, buckling, separating, seams showing or peaking, planks chipping on the edges, discoloring, gloss level difference or color difference, pattern run off or grain mismatch issues, delaminating, gapping, uneven edges at the joints, or other concerns?
Are your counter tops: separating at the seam, discoloring, scratching, chipping, sink cracked or discolored, cups leaving rings/marks, or warping, coming off walls, cabinets, or other concerns?
Need more information on Cork, Bamboo, Rubber or other Specialty Surface or just wanting an independent consultation before making a purchase to find out more about the options, pro’s & con’s of each, learn questions to ask before making a choice, or just a general informational session to become an informed consumer to make wiser choices before spending your money?
Are you a builder, contractor, retailer, manufacturer, installer, consumer, or other interested party? Has an inspection been done & you need another evaluation? Do you feel the first inspection is inaccurate or biased? Is there a corrective measure possible & you wish to research this option over full replacement? Do you feel you are getting nowhere & may need to seek legal action or recourse & need an expert witness?
We do not endorse any one retailer over another but can help a consumer decide whether to do it themselves, use the store’s contractor, or hire their n. We can help develop a list of things to look for or ask PRIOR to making a purchase & inform them of things to look for during the installation to make sure the contractor is following proper guidelines, or if need be, hire us to oversee the installation process.
Remember, knowledge & information are keys to making wiser choices; if you think education is expensive, try ignorance (or being misinformed). Flooring & other home projects are expensive enough as it is; why add any other costs or frustration to the process by making uninformed choices. Our goal is to see you make wise & informed choices & enjoy your new floor or solid surface counters for year to come.